Mailfence Documents: secure file sharing, storage and collaboration
Mailfence strives to make the internet a safer place. That’s why we developed our encrypted email solution. But in our opinion just offering secure and private email is not sufficient. Otherwise our users would need to use insecure solutions to manage their appointments, create and store their files or chat online. That is why Mailfence is much more than secure email. Mailfence allows you to organize your life through powerful productivity tools such as Mailfence Calendar, Mailfence Documents, Mailfence Contacts, Mailfence Groups, Mailfence Chat and Mailfence Polls. Therefore in this post you will discover how to store, share and collaborate on files with Mailfence Documents, our secure file sharing solution.
What is Mailfence Documents?
Mailfence Documents is a powerful secure file sharing application that allows you to store, share and collaborate on files.
With Mailfence Documents you can:
- Manage and store your personal files online
- Share your files with members of Mailfence Groups
- Share files publicly (Public access)
- Access your external online files spaces via the Mailfence interface (such as Dropbox or Google Drive)
You can use Mailfence Documents with any browser but also through file manager of your device (via WebDAV).
What are the main features of Mailfence secure file storage application?
You can use Mailfence Documents as a personal file storage. Main features are:
- Add a document
- Add a document using drag and drop
- Create a new document (.txt, .docx, .xlsx, .pptx)
- Add a comment
- Edit a document online
- Download a document
- Rename a document
- Duplicate a document
- Move a document
- Copy a document
- Tag a document
- Search in your documents based on different search criteria. Search is both on meta data and full text
- Send documents by email as an attachment
- Send documents by email as a hyperlink
- Convert documents to PDF format
To access the contextual menu of a document or a folder, click right on the document or folder as shown below:
Check our knowledge-base and documentation to learn how to use Mailfence Documents.
Follow us on twitter/reddit and keep yourself posted at all times.
– Mailfence Team
Patrick is the co-founder of Mailfence. He’s been a serial entrepreneur and startup investor since 1994 and launched several pioneering internet companies such as Allmansland, IP Netvertising or Express.be. He is a strong believer and advocate of encryption and privacy. You can follow @pdeschutter on Twitter and LinkedIn.