Introducing Mailfence Groups: secure group collaboration
Mailfence strives to make the internet a safer place. That’s why we developed our encrypted email solution. But in our opinion just offering secure and private email is not sufficient. Otherwise our users would need to use insecure or non private solutions to manage their appointments, create and store their documents or chat online. Luckily Mailfence is much more than a secure email.
Mailfence allows you to share and organize your private and professional life through powerful productivity tools such as Mailfence Calendar, Mailfence Documents, Mailfence Contacts, Mailfence Groups, Mailfence Chat and Mailfence Polls. And did you know that you can even create Mailfence Groups in order to share your data with family or colleagues in a secure way? Sounds interesting? Discover the group collaboration capabilities of Mailfence Groups.
What are Mailfence Groups?
Mailfence Groups are group collaboration spaces that allow sharing of data with other users. With groups, you will use the full potential of Mailfence!
Sharing is done in two ways:
- Sharing via the group space: group Documents, group Calendar, etc. All group members have access to the group workspace.
- Sharing your private space: This can only be done with your Mailbox and Calendar that can be shared with selected group members.
Belonging to a group has the following consequences. You can:
- view the shared mailbox.
- view the shared group Contacts.
- see the busy timeslots (but not the event details) in the group members’ Calendars.
- share the group Calendar publicly via ‘public access link’.
- see all the shared data in the group spaces.
- share your group Documents publicly via ‘public access link’.
- chat with group members with xmpp Instant messaging and see whether they are currently online.
- send Documents to a group member drop folder.
Be aware that the following data from your Personal data are displayed to members: last name, first name, organization, e-mail address and picture.
– Mailfence Team
Patrick is the co-founder of Mailfence. He’s been a serial entrepreneur and startup investor since 1994 and launched several pioneering internet companies such as Allmansland, IP Netvertising or Express.be. He is a strong believer and advocate of encryption and privacy. You can follow @pdeschutter on Twitter and LinkedIn.