Responsive web app: Beta Release
It is our pleasure to announce the Beta Release of our brand new responsive mobile app. You are hereby invited to test our new Mailfence responsive interface.
Update: The Mailfence mobile app just launched!!!
This release takes place after eons of hard work 🔨, blood 😳, sweat 😓, and love 😘, and is a major step forward on our commitment to provide the most user-friendly secure and private email.
Below the results of our hard work, once more components are available we will publish more screenshots of the app.
The goal of this beta is to:
- Identify unknown bugs.
- Eliminate our blindspots and identify a snapshot of the diversity of use cases.
- Gain your feedback across a more diverse set of mobile devices.
Just by using the responsive interface and reporting issues, you will be able to help us improve performance on a wide variety of devices we may have otherwise been unable to test at scale.
Responsive web app endpoint:
We have developed the responsive interface as a Progressive Web App (PWA), you can access it on mobile devices at https://app.mailfence.com
You can create a direct icon on your home-screen/desktop from your browser. Dedicated options for installing the PWA is not yet available. For iOS, the version should be at least 10 or above.
Authentication sessions are long-lasting, so you don’t have to log-in again after the usual session time ends.
Limitations of the responsive web app:
- Calendars, and Settings components are presently being worked upon and are not yet available for testing.
- Features of Mail and Document components are a sub-set of our main web-interface.
- We designed the PWA for mobile screens. It might not adjust well on desktop screens. We recommend that you conduct your tests on mobile devices.
- The app.mailfence.com URL might change in the near future.
- The server on which the service is provided is a pre-production server and might temporarily be not available for upgrade reasons.
- New releases are pushed every day (you might often see a popup asking to upgrade. Please always reply YES).
- The Android version has some known bugs (i.e. Mail autosuggest is not yet functioning).
- At this stage we do not support push notifications.
When you encounter a bug or any other issue, please send an email to ‘support at mailfence dot com’ with following details:
- Model of the device, OS name + version and Browser name + version.
- Description of the issue + supporting material (e.g., date and time + timezone of when that bug/issue occurred, screenshot, …).
- Steps to reproduce the bug.
Feedback on stability, as well as any other performance issues you experience, is crucial and will be highly appreciated.
We thank you for your support. Learn more about Mailfence on our press page.
- The knowledge base in case you need additional help.
- Our latest release notes.
- Educate yourself with our email security awareness course.
Follow us on twitter/reddit to keep yourself updated at all times
Patrick is the co-founder of Mailfence. He’s been a serial entrepreneur and startup investor since 1994 and launched several pioneering internet companies such as Allmansland, IP Netvertising or Express.be. He is a strong believer and advocate of encryption and privacy. You can follow @pdeschutter on Twitter and LinkedIn.