Mailfence Release Notes May 2019
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes May 2019 with several new features, improvements and fixes.
- BETA release: Custom domain *: Add and manage E-mail domains.
- BETA release: Administration Console *: Create and Manage users.
- BETA release: Password Encryption Messages *: Send/receive end-to-end encrypted emails using a shared password.
* Further improvements have been made since the beta release announcement.
- ECC (Curve25519) algorithm is now supported for generating OpenPGP keypairs, encrypting and decrypting OpenPGP based end-to-end encrypted messages.
Improvements in Release Notes May 2019
- Messages: SMTP Server: Client IP address is now stripped in outgoing messages.
- Messages: OpenPGP encryption: “Sign and send” option has now been replaced with “Send” button when an encryption mode is selected (Preference: Sign all my emails with my public key).
- Messages: Issue of automatic opening of the first message in search results has been fixed.
- Messages: Auto-suggest: Selection improvements.
- Messages: Message list panel: Size of the message can now be viewed.
- Messages: IMAP Server: Fix for issue of SEARCH in message body.
- Message attachments: PDF files in incoming messages can now be viewed directly in the browser.
- Messages: ‘Display unread messages only’ option with select all enabled now shows the number of selected items.
- Messages: Improvement of Out of office message configuration.
- Messages: Clicking on Tag: Issue with replying or forwarding Tagged messages is fixed.
- Messages: Improvement of Tag creation process in Safari browser.
- Messages: ‘Out of office’ message default date picker is now set to the actual present date.
- Messages: ActiveSync: iOS: Display names with comma’s of sender/receiver addresses now displays correctly.
- Messages: IMAP Server: From sender address invalid@invalid issue has been fixed according to the specific needs of some IMAP clients.
- Messages, Documents: iOS: Attachments or documents can now be downloaded.
- Contacts: ActiveSync: Wrong birthday date sync issue for events created through web-interface is fixed.
- Common: File upload: Process can now be cancelled by clicking on the Close sign.
- Common: Search results: ‘Select all’ enabled now shows the number of selected items.
- Common: Significant progress for UTF-8 transition across the web-app.
- Subscription renewal notification will now be sent both to your primary Mailfence address and reset/notification address.
- Various security improvements have been made as well.
- Security bugs were fixed immediately after it got reported by Jens Müller. We thank him for notifying us.
Version for Release Notes May 2019
- Frontend release 22.214.171.124a.
Check our previous Release Notes and feel free to report any found bugs/queries/suggestions to support (at) mailfence.com.
– Mailfence team