Mailfence Release Notes April 2021
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes April 2021 with several improvements, and fixes.
- IMAP Server: We support UIDPLUS extension.
- We support DANE.
- Import using vCard: New formats of Birthday dates are supported.
- Account: ActiveSync: Users can view and manage list of Exchange ActiveSync connection files.
- Users can create Mailfence accounts directly from Thunderbird.
- A notification email is sent immediately when the sending limit is reached.
- Issue of undesired sub-folders while creating archive of emails is fixed.
- OpenPGP: Issue with signature when message only contains BCC recipient(s) in rich-text mode is fixed.
- OpenPGP: Signature verification messages getting incorrectly placed in message read pane is fixed.
- Issue of invalid DKIM signature on messages with empty body is fixed.
- IMAP Server: Issue with specific stored message appearing as two different messages is fixed.
- Import: Non-email files are now discarded.
- Issue with invalid email address when improperly quoted in TO/CC/BCC field is fixed.
- Password encryption: Received messages do not show ‘Send again’ option.
- Composer: Several issues with auto-suggestion of addresses in TO/CC/BCC field are fixed.
- CalDAV client: Meeting was not deleted after participation was declined.
- Public access: Option of embedding public calendar in an iframe is now deprecated.
- Messages: Aliases: Error message when adding invalid address is improved.
- Messages: Email domains: Delay in displaying the list is improved.
- Messages: Email domains: DKIM entry validation is improved.
- Messages: Administration: Users: Issue when renaming a primary address that is also a domain catch-all is fixed.
- Messages: Email domains: Issue with a custom domain DKIM key re-generation when respective DNS DKIM record is modified is fixed.
- Groups: Issue with invitation for specific contacts is fixed.
- Error reporting is improved.
- Attachments: Issue with PDF file display is fixed.
- Creation of empty contacts is now prevented.
- Not being able to set primary address after account registration is fixed.
- OpenPGP: Passphrase prompt can more easily be detected by password managers.
- Password encryption: Default parameters are now aligned with Desktop-web version.
- Composer: Auto-suggestion of addresses in TO/CC/BCC field is now supported.
- Recipient fields height is fixed.
- List pane showing limited number of messages is fixed.
- Drafts: Display issue in text only mode while reopening a draft is fixed.
- Event start/end date with respect to account time-zone is fixed.
- Week day view in list view is improved.
- Can now directly be deleted from search results.
- Error reporting is improved.
Extra notes regarding Release Notes April 2021
- Security bug was fixed immediately after it got reported by Jens Müller. We thank him for notifying us.
- Security bugs were fixed immediately after it got reported by Si Thu. We thank him for notifying us.
- Backend release 4.8.027.
- Frontend release 2.7.025.
- PWA release 1.1.10.
Check our previous Release Notes and feel free to report any found bugs/queries/suggestions related to our release notes April 2021 to support (at) mailfence.com.
– Mailfence team
Arnaud is the co-founder and CEO of Mailfence. He’s been a serial entrepreneur and startup investor since 1994 and launched several pioneering internet companies such as Rendez-vous, IP Netvertising or NetMonitor. He is regarded as the internet advertising pioneer of Belgium. You can follow Arnaud on this blog.