Mailfence Release Notes November 2020
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes November 2020 with several improvements, and fixes.
Improvements in Release Notes November 2020
- Issue when turning draft into a template is now fixed.
- Instead of showing empty To field, ‘undisclosed-recipients’ is displayed if all recipients are BCC’ed.
- A confirmation prompt is now used to avoid accidental deletions of draft messages.
- Pasting text into To/CC/BCC field is now improved.
- Handling UTF-8 content in HTML messages is now improved.
- Attachment name containing characters with accents can now be removed.
- Threads: Conversation now includes the base or next message (after the base message).
- We enforce DMARC policy of sender domain.
- IMAP Server: Improvement of synchronization of read/unread status of messages.
- IMAP Server: Improvement of moving messages function.
- Save contact: First/last names are now extracted from e-mail address.
- External storage: Google drive: Fix of base folder access bug.
Even more improvements
- Calendar grid: Reference to pm/am is now corrected for noon/mid-night time.
- Printing function improvement.
- Meeting icon is now displayed after creating a new meeting.
- Accepting meeting from participant (when more than two exists), the prompt of notifying other participants is now removed.
- Import: vCard: Birthday with no year is now imported (along with other improvements)
- Import: vCard: FirstName was imported as LastName, if LastName is not present.
- Issue with creating a recurrent event in a group member calendar is now fixed.
- Calendar by SMS (agenda of the day) includes timezone defined in account Settings.
- vCalendar/CalDAV: TimeZone handling of recurrent events improvement.
- Folder name: Sort order issue for accented folder is fixed.
- Payment: Receipts were not accessible if accounts reverts to Free plan.
- Custom domain DNS entries validation improvement (ownership/MX/SPF/DMARC).
- Administration of users: Issues with primary address modification time is fixed.
- More options ‘…’ button is now visible on initial load.
- Mobile app (installation steps):
- Messages: Every major feature of the regular desktop version is implemented, including support for OpenPGP-encrypted and Password encrypted email sending and receiving.
- Calendar: Private and group calendars are implemented. There is a monthly calendar view where each day can be viewed separately. A list view of all events of a given month is also available. Support for meetings and recurring events are due shortly.
- Documents: Fully supported.
- Contacts: Fully supported.
- Settings: Preferences currently still need to be set in web-interface and cannot be modified on the mobile version yet (WIP).
Version for Release Notes November 2020
- Backend release 4.8.012.
- Frontend release 2.7.018.
– Mailfence team