Mailfence Release Notes September 2018
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes September 2018 with several new features, improvements and fixes.
- Messages: ‘Reply’ and ‘Reply to all’ options are now available for sent items.
- Messages: ‘Forward’ option is now available for sent items.
- Calendar, Contacts: Contact Birthday date now links to the Calendar as an event.
- Messages: Decoding of message subject header is now improved.
- Messages: Text font color change issues affecting Edge and Firefox browsers are now fixed.
- Messages: Filters: ‘Set tags’ operation now applies to all defined actions.
- Messages: Handling of CSS properties in message with active content is now improved.
- Messages: Attachments can now be downloaded in mobile platforms.
- Messages: SMTP server: Connection issues with Local email client: Geary is now fixed.
- Messages: IMAP server: Outlook: Flagged messages can now be unflagged.
- Messages: ActiveSync: Users can now create a top-level folder.
- Documents: WebDAV: Document rights/ownership after using Office 2016 save operation will be retained.
- Calendar: Issues with RRULE (recurrence rules) in calendar events are now fixed.
- Calendar: Calendar events in all week views (i.e., week, working week, next 7 days) is now improved.
- Calendar: Users can now create calendar events directly from text/calendar based messages.
- Calendar: Reloading the app now displays meeting invitations and polls in Edge browser.
- Calendar: External calendars: Sync view is now improved.
- Calendar: vCalendar: Outputting a date-time is now improved.
- Calendar: vCalendar import: Empty tag/category names or tag/category names having special characters will now be discarded, while importing the actual Calendar event.
- Calendar: CalDAV: Resource is now labelled with calendar owner’s name.
- Contact: Encoding issue of First/Last name with apostrophe is fixed.
- Contact: Wrong birthday date issues are now fixed.
- Contact: vCard, CSV, MS Outlook: Contacts import process is now improved.
- Contact: ActiveSync: Birthday date synchronize issue is now fixed.
- Contact: CardDAV: Resource is now labelled with contact owner’s name.
- Account registration: Offered pre-loaded list of internal email address is now improved.
- Various security improvements have been made as well.
- An information disclosure bug on Mailfence Blog was fixed immediately after it got reported by Prashant BS. We thank him for notifying us.
Version for Release Notes September 2018
- Backend release 4.6.024
Check our previous Release Notes and feel free to report any found bugs/queries/suggestions to support (at) mailfence.com.
– Mailfence team
Arnaud is the co-founder and CEO of Mailfence. He’s been a serial entrepreneur and startup investor since 1994 and launched several pioneering internet companies such as Rendez-vous, IP Netvertising or NetMonitor. He is regarded as the internet advertising pioneer of Belgium. You can follow Arnaud on this blog.