Mailfence Release Notes July 2022
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes July 2022 with several improvements, and fixes.
- Dark display mode for desktop version of web interface.
- File previewer on web for email attachments and documents.
- Account connections history, available on desktop version of web interface.
- Sending: Issue of DKIM signing related to domain case-sensitivity is fixed.
- Composer: From field drop down: Scroll function is added to the list.
- Read pane: Issue of few emails appearing in bold characters is fixed.
- More actions (three dots): Menu vanishing, after folder Drag and Drop action, is fixed.
- Bug related to processing .pdf attachment in specific browsers is fixed.
- Mailbox full notifications are now also sent to both: account primary and reset/notification address.
- Simple search now takes the group environment into account.
- .ics attachments are now included back in event invitation/modification emails.
- Import from Google: Inconsistent mapping of fields with work or home property is fixed.
- Issue with check function for contact data, related to adding/modifying email addresses, is fixed.
- Groups: Access rights: Members list: Search function: Now shows a message when no result is found and user can make another search query immediately.
- OpenPGP: Issue of failed keypair passphrase change, when user ID contains special characters, is fixed.
- OpenPGP: Key lookup: Issue of never ending loading icon upon clicking on Search button is fixed.
- Homepage (dashboard): Hide function is now supported for group news.
- Groups: Chat: Issue of Offline status not persisting is fixed.
- Option to access Help material from main navigation is added.
- Increased usability of account registration and password lost functions.
- Various security improvements have been made.
- Login page: Link to password lost function is included.
- App (hamburger) menu: Link to desktop version is included.
- iOS Browsers: Compatibility between sign-in fields and password managers is improved.
- Handling of rich-text is improved.
Extra notes regarding Release Notes July 2022
- Announcement: Google only provides access to its POP and IMAP servers through verified applications. In case of cloud applications, this includes obtaining a letter of assessment from Google empanelled security assessors on an annual basis – price of which is simply out of reach for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Therefore, we have dropped support of POP/IMAP (external address) connections to Google servers.
- Backend release 4.8.047h.
- Frontend release 2.8.008.
- PWA release 1.1.020.
Check our previous Release Notes and feel free to report any found bugs/queries/suggestions, related to our release notes July 2022, to support[at]mailfence[dot]com.
– Mailfence team