Mailfence Release Notes July 2023
We’re happy to present the Mailfence Release Notes July 2023 with several improvements, and fixes.
- Mailfence short domain name (mf.me) is released.
- iOS mobile app Alpha release (invitation only).
- Calendars: Search function: Users can now search events by tag.
- Contacts: CardDAV: Nickname field is now supported.
- Improvement in messages list loading in large volume mailboxes.
- Email read pane: Open in new window: Print error is fixed.
- Reply/Forward: The quoted time is now based on account timezone set by user.
- Drop folder: Notification email content is improved.
- Advanced search: Result is displayed in chronological order when search is made using tags.
- Out-of-message: The mechanism of not sending multiple messages to the same recipient is improved.
- Custom domain: Issue of email reception at postmaster address is fixed.
- IMAP Server: Limits are better imposed.
- IMAP server: Handling of a large read, add and copy operations are improved.
- External addresses: IMAP: Search error is fixed.
- Editor: Text files are no longer editable by group members with no access rights.
- External editor: Save operation bug is fixed.
- WebDAV: Search function is improved.
- Processing of recurring events is improved.
- Search error is fixed and date representation in results is improved.
- Import: All day events and Tags processing are improved.
- Chat: Initialization error is fixed.
- Process of removing message signature upon removal of corresponding email address is improved.
- Visualization: Items are reordered.
- Account: General: New time-zones are added.
- Subscription: Manual renewal is now possible in case auto-renewal fails.
- Subscription: Handling of payment by credit card is improved.
- Subscriptions/Provision: Reporting of payment related errors is improved.
- Subscriptions/Provision: Payment mode is now included in payment receipt.
- Custom domain: DNS record validation function is improved to better handle DNS errors.
- Security: Connections history: Entries are now timestamped using account timezone.
- Administration: User creation: Representation of subscription and domain names are improved.
- Webmail (UI/UX): Scrolling function is added to Custom domain, Filters, Aliases and Sender addresses lists.
- Account registration wizard is improved.
- Various security improvements have been made.
- Several improvements in interface texts (in all languages).
- Encoding issue of special characters in account credentials is fixed.
Extra notes regarding Release Notes July 2023
- Announcement: Accounts deactivated due to inactivity can now be re-activated by owner using the payment wizard. Requests sent to support are no longer handled.
- Backend release 4.8.061b.
- Frontend release 2.8.015b.
- PWA release 1.1.023.
Check our previous Release Notes and feel free to report any found bugs/queries/suggestions, related to our release notes July 2023, to support[at]mailfence[dot]com.
– Mailfence team
End-to-end encrypted e-mail service that values and respects your privacy without compromising the ease-of-use.