2020 Mailfence recap: List of features you might have missed
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
We wanted to give you a little recap of the many new features & changes that we released in 2020 and that you might have missed. Also, have a look at what is foreseen for 2021 and you will agree that it is not too late to wish you a very secure 2021.
We are happy to share with you that the interest in our service is booming. Signups to Mailfence are more than double the numbers of last year and keep on increasing. We are thrilled to see so many new users coming in, joining the fight for online privacy.
- Launch of the Mailfence mobile app (PWA-Progressive Web App). Everyone can experience Mailfence on mobile devices now. This is just the first release of our mobile app, there are many new features planned.
- For increased security, you can disable specific services from the Settings menu (SMTP, POP, IMAP, ActiveSync, WebDAV, CalDAV, CardDAV). You can also generate specific passwords for each of these services.
- The Custom domain wizard has been improved.
- We now enforce DMARC policy of sender domain.
- We now support DANE.
- The auto-suggest has been vastly improved: When composing an email, the auto-suggest now detects sender addresses at lightning speed.
- When you download your 2FA back-up codes a date is included.
- Tons of other improvements… For a detailed overview of all the improvements our team released, check the Release Notes.
Rest assured, 2020 did not slow us down one bit, on the contrary. We are planning to launch many exciting new features in 2021. Such as :
- Encrypted folders
- Encryption at rest
- Dark mode (Web and app)
- And some really handy new features available to paying users
Follow us on our social media so you never miss out on any new updates.
– Mailfence Team